Sunday, June 2, 2013

Questions, Answers and Clinics

Time To Commit to the Clinic!




We have had a few horse and rider cancellations for our Ride with The Big K and Mugs clinic in Roundup Montana - July 26, 27 and 28 and we're looking for riders!

Here's a shot of the ranch and one of our planned activities, gathering cattle. There will be lots of information -- Tim and I love the sound of our own voices-- and one on one time with Janet (Mugs), Tim (Big K) or both. You can ride where you're the most comfortable. English, Western, all levels welcome, there is something and someone for everybody,every horse. You'd be amazed how those big Warmbloods turn on to a cow!

 Tim and Dawn Unzicker's Valley Spring Ranch is set upon 186 acres of heaven, located in the scenic Bull Mountains of Musselshell County. He is about one hour north of Billings, and 3 hours south of Great Falls. 

There is a 200 x 400 outdoor arena pad, 80 x 60 indoor arena, 100 ft round pen waiting for you to work and play in.

It won't be all work and no play either, look forward to an old time campfire with dinner, music (bring your instrument!) and some out-west partying. An afternoon riding in the mountains will give us a break and offer some great training conversation.

Write me at jhuntington@cowhorseart.com or Dawn at timunzicker@gmail.com...

Ride shares 
Laura, from Western WA. is looking for a fellow rider to share fuel expenses with.
Contact Laura at : theredhorsefarm@gmail.com


18 comments:

  1. Any chance you might do this again sometime in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Heidi, if this goes well will you consider doing it again? I would love to attend but would need a loaner mount since my girl is retired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...I'm still in!! Getting the coggins and health certs next week...than need a brand inspection...and travel permits from Idaho and Montana...lots of red tape! But, it'll be worth it. We have friends in Dillon MT and we'll be staying with them for a few days riding the country. It's going to be a REAL vacation for us...10 days at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a long way from Michigan. I'd love to come for the campfires, but if I did any singing I would clear out the ranch, including the cattle and dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any spots that have opened up for riders only?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We only have horse/rider combinations ...
    As to more clinics, well it depends on how this one goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I weren't on a packtrip that week I would be there. It sounds great! Silly work always gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *kicks rocks*
    Dang this pesky move date. I/we seriously need some "one on one time"! I'm really hoping for another chance next year. In fact, I am going to start saving for it now, just in case. :)

    I was actually thinking about you yesterday as I was riding, Mugs. I had clicked one the "Horse training" archives on your side bar last week, and ran across the post you did on working with retired roping horses. (which is what I am dealing with) I think I read that post like ten times so it would sink in, and then took the "instruction manual" to "work" with me yesterday. We spent 2 hours just working on upward and downward transitions cued strictly by my seat and legs. (trying desperately to get my hands out of his face) We don't quite have it down pat yet, because I'm still having to get over that muscle memory of "pull back means stop", but progress was made and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, if you do this a few years down the road I'd totally join! We've only just started my filly, and barely ridden off the property. But in a few years I think we'd be good to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry need to make a correction for my last comment. The post I referred to was under Technique, not training.
    Regardless it is a great post and today I printed it off, so I keep rereading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You listed a lot of information, but you neglected the most important part:

    What's the morning coffee situation going to look like? Is there a place to plug in an electric coffee maker? I'm assuming no campfire, and thus no percolator. Do we put spoonfuls of instant in our mouth and chew?

    This is critical information, Mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How many spots are open? I could really use a getaway, but money is tight these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And probably no Starbucks either Becky! I'm with you, caffeine information is key!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Mugwump Chronicles" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/06/a-sunday-drive_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Becky - There will be coffee and appropriate fat, sugar and carb overloads available every a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zebradreams - I had a few cancellations (injury and economy, dang it) and we still ha some open, so we're good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Jan, sounds like a blast. Wish I was closer I'd throw ol Redman in the trailer and scoot on over. Peter Joe

    ReplyDelete